Helsinki, Finland, 2014-12-01 09:00 CET (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
STOCKMANN plc, Changes board/management/auditors 1.12.2014 at 10:00 EET
The extraordinary shareholders' meeting of Lindex has elected two additional members to the company’s Board of Directors: Eva Hamilton and Per Thelin. Together the Board now represents solid experience in retail, fashion and internationalisation.
Eva Hamilton (b. 1954), Swedish citizen, has served as the CEO of Sveriges Television (SVT) until 30 November 2014. She has wide experience in the media industry, both in management positions and as a journalist in several newspapers, TV and as a foreign correspondent in Brussels.
Per Thelin is Stockmann's CEO as of 10 November 2014. He replaces Stockmann's CFO Pekka Vähähyyppä in the Board and also serves as the Vice Chairman.
Lindex’s owner Stockmann decided at an extraordinary shareholders' meeting in October to choose a new operational Board of Directors for AB Lindex. The decision is in line with Lindex's target to expand successfully on international markets. In the new Board, three members represent Stockmann and three members are independent of the company and its significant shareholders.
The Lindex Board of Directors as of 1 December 2014:
- Per Sjödell (Chairman), Board member, Stockmann, and CEO, Fiskars Sweden
- Per Thelin (Vice Chairman), CEO, Stockmann
- Eva Hamilton, professional Board member and CEO, SVT until 30 November 2014
- Rossana Mariano, CEO and founder, PR agency RMPR
- Tracy Stone, Global Sales Director, GANT
- Kjell Sundström, Board member and Chief Strategy Officer, Stockmann
- Caroline Kull Magnusson and Ann-Britt Neckvall, employee representatives