Stockmann's Annual General Meeting 2020
Notice is given to the shareholders of Stockmann plc to the Annual General Meeting to be held on 4 June 2020 at 14:00 at the premises of Roschier, Attorneys Ltd. in Helsinki at the address Kasarmikatu 21 A. Shareholders and their proxy representatives may participate in the meeting and exercise their rights only by voting in advance and by making counterproposals and presenting questions in advance in accordance with this notice and other instructions by the company. Additional information and instructions for shareholders are presented in Notice to the Annual General Meeting.
The Board of Directors of the company has resolved on an exceptional meeting procedure based on the temporary legislation to limit the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic approved by the Finnish Parliament on 24 April 2020. The company has resolved on the measures permitted by the new law in order to hold the meeting in a predictable manner while ensuring the health and safety of the company‘s shareholders, personnel and other stakeholders.
Board of Directors
Notice of attendance and voting
Previous notices of participation which have been given for the Annual General Meeting which was convened to be held on 18 March 2020
are not deemed as notices of participation for this Annual General Meeting.
Shareholders with a Finnish book-entry account can register and vote in advance on certain matters on the agenda during the period 11 May 2020 at 10:00 – 28 May 2020 at 14:00.
Documents of the Annual General Meeting
• Notice to the Annual General Meeting
• Stockmann plc Remuneration Policy for governing bodies
• Stockmann Group's Financial Statements Bulletin 2019
• Proposal of the shareholders’ Nomination Board for the composition and remuneration of Stockmann’s Board of Directors
• Auditor's Report (in Finnish)
• Financial Statements, Report on operations and Auditor's Report
• Proposal of the Board of Directors on renewal of Auditor mandates
• Proposal by the Board of Directors for the distribution of parent company's profit
• Change in the proposal of the shareholders' Nomination Board for the composition of Stockmann's Board of Directors
• Advance voting form
• Decisions by Stockmann's Annual General Meeting and the organisational meeting of the Board of Directors
• The Protocol of the Annual General Meeting (in Finnish)
• Appendix 1 of the Protocol of the Annual General Meeting (in Finnish)
• Appendix 2 of the Protocol of the Annual General Meeting (in Finnish)
• Appendix 3 of the Protocol of the Annual General Meeting (in Finnish)
Shareholder's right to have a matter handled at the Annual General Meeting
In accordance with the Companies Act, a shareholder is entitled to bring a matter falling within the competence of the General Meeting on the agenda of the General Meeting by written request to the Board of Directors in sufficient time for the matter to be included in the notice to the meeting. Possible shareholders' requests to include a matter on the agenda of Stockmann's Annual General Meeting 2020 should have been made by 31 January 2020 at 16:00. The request, together with an explanation or a draft resolution, shall be delivered in writing to Stockmann plc, Legal Affairs, PL 220, 00101 Helsinki.
A proposal of the composition of the Board of Directors is prepared by the Shareholder’s Nomination Board, which consists of representatives appointed by the four largest shareholders holding largest voting power, and the Chairman of the Board as an expert member.
Further information and the compositon of the Shareholder’s Nomination Board